Our pets are very good at hiding their pain. I know Josh hid his pain from me for a very long time. Massage is a non-invasive and general therapy, which can help in the treatment of several conditions and can help reduce pain. These are some of the benefits of massage that your pet may experience:
- Aids in elimination of bodily waste and toxins
- Enhances muscle tone and range of motion
- Improved quality of life
- Increases circulation, flexibility, and mobility
- Invigorates or calms
- Pre and Post sporting events
- Pre and Post surgery
- Promotes healing
- Reduces pain from arthritis and joint problems
- Reduces swelling
- Relaxation and Therapeutic
- Releases endorphins
- Transitions for Aging
Photonic Red Light therapy is a healing modality that is used to address:
- Reduces pain by increasing endorphin production, a natural pain killer.
- Reduces inflammation-suppresses enzymes that create swelling, redness, and pain, and boosts the release of anti-inflammatory enzymes.
- Cellular regeneration- by stimulating the mitochondria within the cell, ATP production is increased. Increased ATP production allows damaged cells to accept nutrients quicker and to eliminate toxins.
- Increases lymphatic drainage
- Increases circulation
- Speeds healing
- Relaxes tight muscles and quickly releases muscle cramps
- Anti-viral properties- increase antibody production in the blood stream to allow the body to fight off viruses.
- Increases Collagen production- A primary protein vital to the structure of tendons, bones, skin, teeth and cartilage.
- Regulates Serotonin levels-Serotonin acts as a mediator of inflammation and allergic reactions. It plays an important role in blood clotting, stimulating a strong heart beat, initiating sleep and fighting depression. It also stimulates the smooth stomach in the intestinal wall
- Stimulates acupuncture & acupressure points encourages the body to induce natural healing and improves functioning.
- Balances Chi- chi is life force energy-without it, living creatures would die.
- Unblocks meridian lines-channels of energy run in patterns through the body and on its surface. These energy channels, called meridians, are like plant roots that feed through the body to irrigate and nourish the tissues. An obstruction in the meridians is like a dam that backs up.
- Chakra work-There are seven physical chakra points with about a hundred smaller secondary chakras. The smaller points are sometimes called meridians and acupuncture points. Chakras play an instrumental role in health and well-being, and if left unbalanced it can cause health issues
An animal enjoying and receiving these healing benefits may yawn, go to sleep, lower their heads, lick and chew, and their eyes may soften. They should be offered water, and may need to relieve themselves following treatment.